Search This Blog

Friday, January 8, 2010

This Little Nest

Hi, there! There is most likely no one reading this post (yet), but the first post sets the tone, right? So here goes. I created this blog to journal the process of growing my house into a home for myself and my family, which includes my husband, Gusty...

and our two dogs, Ali and Sushi...
We've been in our house just over a year now, and I am finally progressing from the mindset of furnishing to creating an warm, welcoming environment in our home. And I have to admit that I'm pretty addicted to it. I spend alot of my time looking for inspiration online and realized, so are alot of you! So why not blog about my experience of a real woman trying to create a beautiful home with real parameters (like a budget and a husband that watches it closely). It's important for myself (and you) to remember that it's not about the THINGS in a house that makes it a home, but using those things to create an environment in your home that is therapeutic, warm, inviting, romantic, exciting, cozy, fresh....you get the idea. So, I invite you to follow along as I do just that. I'll be posting alot about my own home and family, but will also use this blog to share ideas, inspirations, and deals on creating a home environment. In addition, I'd love for you to offer up your own opinions and ideas! So thanks for stopping by and I hope you enjoy This Little Nest.

Next post...our home.

No comments:

Post a Comment