Search This Blog

Tuesday, February 4, 2014

It's Been a While!

I guess you could say I've been a neglectful blogger seeing as how it's been almost a year since my last post.  For me, interior design (decorating for us amateurs) is a creative process.  And creativity can certainly ebb and flow.  In the last year, I've been practicing the work hard, play hard mentality - pouring tons of energy into my career and enjoying every last drop of my free time.  Since we last spoke I've been out of the country multiple times and seen a bajillion live shows.  And in the midst of all of this, blogging and decorating have fallen to the wayside.

To be honest, I just love so many styles, colors, shapes.... I was overwhelmed with the options in our new home and just couldn't make up my mind.  I love our home and it's, of course, ever evolving.... and now we are about to embark on a potential new, HUGE project.  We're close to making a decision on whether or not we want to add on to the house... which would include a total kitchen makeover, adding a family room/den, adding a full master suite and renovating multiple bathrooms.

The thought of it both thrills and exhausts me!  But it most certainly deepens my desire to get inspired, brainstorm and share the process with you.  In the near future, I'll be stepping through our home room by room - sharing it's current state and my inspiration for what it will be.  Addition or no addition, there will be major changes coming to the Gulas House over the next few months.  I hope you'll join me (even if I did abandon you for like a really, really long time) and share your thoughts and inspiration with me.

In the meantime, here are few things I've inspired by/crushing on lately.....


No comments:

Post a Comment